When the de-pigmented patch does not increase in size for a period of two years, it is said to be stable. This is the right time to perform Vitiligo Surgery.
If the patch is growing or is in an active phase, it needs treatment with medicines and / or PUVA till it stops growing.
The various surgical modalities available are
1. Miniature Punch Grafting.
2. Ultra Thin Skin Grafting.
3. Suction Blister Grafting.
4. Therapeutic Spot or Regional Dermabrasion.
5. Melanocyte Culture and Transplantation.